FSEC Blower Door Tester
FSEC Duct Tester
RESNET Rating Field Inspector
RESNET HERS Energy Modeler
FSEC Energy Auditor
RESNET HERS Rater
|Annual Certification Fee||$50||$50||$50||$50||$50||$50||$50|
|RESNET One-Time Application Fee *||$50||$50|
|Modeling Courses To Be Taken In Order||Location||Cost|
|Building Geometry for Energy Modeling||Online||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Building Science for Energy Modeling||Online||$99||$99||$99||$99||$99|
|From Blueprints to Code Compliance||Online||$99||$99||$99||$99|
|EnergyGauge Pro Hands-On||Online||$99||$99||$99||$99|
|Entering Whole House Mech Vent in EnergyGauge||Online||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|FSEC Residential Energy Modeler Exam||Online||$50||$50||$50||$50|
|Introduction to HERS||Online||$99||$99||$99|
|EnergyGauge Practice Home: Cold Climate||Online||$5||$5||$5|
|RESNET HERS Modeler Exam||Proctored||$50||$50||$50|
|First HERS Probationary Modeler File||Online||$50||$50||$50|
|Second HERS Probationary Modeler File||Online||$50||$50||$50|
|Diagnostic Courses To Be Taken In Order||Location||Cost|
|Residential Building Air Leakage (Blower Door)||FSEC||$299||$299||$299||$299|
|Residential Building Duct Testing||FSEC||$199||$199||$199||$199|
|Measurement of Mechanical Ventilation||FSEC||$199||$199||$199|
|Residential Energy Auditor||FSEC||$599||$599||$599|
|HERS Energy Rater||FSEC||$999||$999|
|RESNET Rater Simulation Practical *||FSEC||$199||$199|
|RESCaz – Combustion Simulation *||FSEC||$199||$199||$199|
|Rater Standard Exam *||FSEC||$125||$125|
|FSEC Probationary Rating (2 at $175 each)||Field TBD||$175||$350|
|RESNET Field Assessment||Field TBD||$175||$175|
|RESNET HVAC Quality Inspection Training||FSEC||$329||$329||$329|
|ENERGY STAR Single Family||FSEC||$500||$500||$500|
|ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction||FSEC||$500||$500||$500|
|* Paid Direct to RESNET|
FSEC Blower Door Tester $349
Certified by FSEC to perform RESNET Standard Blower Door Tests on residences using site performance test data.
FSEC Duct Tester $249
Certified by FSEC to perform RESNET standard Duct Leakage Tests on residences using site performance test data.
RESNET Rating Field Inspector $474
Certified by FSEC to collect RESNET Standard field data for ratings and to perform ANSI/RESNET/ICC – 380 Blower Door and Duct Tests on residences.
FSEC Residential Energy Modeler $397
Certified by FSEC to perform residential modeling using EnergyGauge software.
RESNET HERS Energy Modeler $701
Certified to model from plans and field supplied input a Home Energy Rating index in Energy Gauge software, but not a registered rating.
FSEC Energy Auditor $1,445
Trained by FSEC to conduct residential energy audits and house and duct air leakage diagnostic testing and measuring whole house mechanical ventilation airflow.
RESNET HERS Rater $3,819
Certified by FSEC to perform RESNET HERS Ratings according to the current RESNET Standards which includes the ANSI/RESNET/ICC – 380 and ANSI/RESNET/ICC – 301. Can employ RESNET Rating Field Inspector to collect rating data for ratings.
Trained by another RESNET Training Provider?
If you have taken training, either in person or online, with a RESNET Training Provider other than FSEC you must complete the steps below to be certified by FSEC as a HERS Rater through this provider-ship.
- Take HERS Training from a RESNET Certified Training Provider
- Pass the EnergyGauge Practice Home: Cold Climate using EnergyGauge software*
- Pass the RESNET HERS Modeler Exam using EnergyGauge software*
- Pass the RESNET National Core Exam
- Pass the RESNET Combustion Simulation Exam
- Pass the RESNET 3D Practical Simulation Exam
- Pass the FSEC-ENERGYGAUGE Practical Blower Door and Duct Testing Exam (at FSEC)
- Pass the FSEC-ENERGYGAUGE Combustion Practical Exam (at FSEC)
- Pass the FSEC CAZ Practical Exam (at FSEC)
- Submit five (5) probationary ratings using the EnergyGauge software overseen by a RESNET certified Candidate Field Assessor or Quality Assurance Designee. Probationary ratings shall not be considered Confirmed Ratings
– At least three (3) of the five (5) probationary ratings shall be accomplished using field verification of all rated features of the home in accordance with ANSI/RESNET/ ICC 301, ANSI/RESNET/ICC 380 and Chapter 8 and shall be completed in the presence of a RESNET Certified Field Assessor. At least one (1) of these three (3) shall be completed one-on-one
– The final two (2) may be from plans which you provide. Submit these two (2) through FSEC’s online submission courses:
– First HERS Probationary Modeler File
– Second HERS Probationary Modeler File
- Sign the FSEC-ENERGYGAUGE Rater Agreement
- Pay FSEC-ENERGYGAUGE certification fee
*For those with limited EnergyGauge experience we highly recommend completing the FSEC Residential Energy Modeler Certification